Sunday, September 4, 2016

Taking A Romantic Ride On The Beach With Blue Fern Studios September Mood Board Challenge ~

For September, Blue Fern Studios is hosting a Mood Board Challenge!! I just love the Beachy, Summer colors, and I hope you get a chance to drop by the blog and play along with us!


The following layout is my just for fun, Design Team take on the Mood Board, and if you haven't ever participated in a Mood Board Challenge, I will walk you through how I used the board for inspiration, so that you can get an ideal of how you can use it for your own inspiration.

I first picked papers that had some of those gorgeous, soft Summer Colors in them. I used the Blue Fern Studios Seaside Cottage Paper Collection, I created a base layer with the Gala Paper, then distressed and inked a layer of Regalia Paper, and created base layers for my photo by using the A & B Sides of the Embark Paper, and doing some machine sewing on the edges.



Next, I picked up the texture on the Starfish in the photo, and added texture to my paper by stenciling with texture paste. I created cut outs on my 2nd layer of paper to reveal the paper underneath and then cut a Blue Fern Lace Doily Chipboard Piece in 1/2 adding them to the cutouts.


I once again took inspiration from the Starfish and painted my Doily with gesso and then inked over it to give it that speckled color look. I then heat embossed the rim of the Doily pieces with Blue Fern Imagine Ink Sunshine Embossing Powder, so perfect to pull in that sunshine yellow from the photos.


I love the burlap wrapped around the flowers, so I added a strip of that down the side of my layout then ran lace down the middle of that. I added some of my handcrafted Oh So Butterlicious Butterflies to pick up the butter yellow in the Mood Board Colors.


I then heat embossed a Blue Fern Leafy Page Accent Chipboard Piece with the Imagine Ink Sunshine Embossing Powder, and added that to the side of my photo.


I then added in flowers and foliage that picked up the colors from the photos. The lily is a Blue Fern Seaside Lily, and the daisy is from the Attic Charm Daisies flower set. I then tucked in a natural seashell like those seen in the photo in the Mood Board.


I repeated that look at the top of my photo.

















I then added some more of that burlap texture by threading some onto a metal pin and cutting the ship from the papers to add under the glass dome, and then added more flowers and another shell.

I hope that my layout has inspired you to come join in on the September Mood Board Challenge. It really is a lot of fun to do, plus you can get in on the awesome Blue Fern Prize Pack that they giveaway!! Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
Paper:
Seaside Cottage Paper Collection:
Regalia
Gala
Embark

Chipboard:
Lace Rounds
Leafy Page Accents

Flowers:
Attic Charm Daisies
Seaside Lilies

Imagine Ink:
Sunshine Embossing Powder

Items used from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:
    Honey & Ivory Roses & Leaves Set

No comments: